NHIAA Football: Tide stake claim to No. 1, top Bedford
Concord, the top-ranked team in the Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll, received three touchdowns from running back Marc Gaudet — two rushing and one receiving — and posted a 34-27 victory over No. 2 Bedford at Memorial Field.
Bedford allowed more points against the Crimson Tide than it did in its first six games (26).
The Crimson Tide responded again, however. Law threw a 29-yard TD pass to Seimou Smith and then tossed a completion to Gaudet for the two-point conversion to increase the lead to 34-20 with 10:15 to go in the game.
Concord and Nashua South are now the only unbeaten teams remaining in Division I.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans