Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Psych patient charged in attack at Manchester hospital admitted to Boston facility
He was supposed to be arraigned Thursday morning on a charge of simple assault, Tessier said, but police were notified he would not make that court date, and it was postponed until Friday. He did not attend that hearing either, she said.
A shift supervisor at Valley Street Jail, who identified himself only as Lt. Williams, said he could not comment on the matter and referred all questions to Superintendent David Dionne, who he said would not be available until Monday.
Tessier said a police officer stayed with Ornelas while a doctor treated him in the emergency room after the attack. She said he did not suffer any additional injuries while in police custody Wednesday.
"His period of time in our booking facility was uneventful, and he went to the Valley Street Jail with no additional problems other than the facial injuries from the initial encounter with the security guard."
New Hampshire Hospital, the state's 158-bed psychiatric hospital in Concord, has been operating at full capacity for years, a hospital official said last week.
Last week's attack at Elliot Hospital was the second in the past four months involving a psychiatric patient there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917