Home » Opinion » Editorials
Arnold's dreams: 'Wouldn't it be nice?' isn't a plan
Taking a moment last week from his bold stand against crime and in favor of more police (with no credible plan to pay for them), Arnold dreamed big and said Manchester should have a "riverwalk" like San Antonio, Texas, has.
Since then, he noted, environmental questions may have made the project even more cost-prohibitive due to the need to put pilings into the Merrimack River in order to support such a walkway.
Arnold neglected to detail the payment plan for such a project, which seems standard for his campaign. He also called for more funding for public education, saying more teachers should be hired.
Arnold also turned snarky, saying past mayors had left the city with lasting legacies such as the Verizon Wireless Arena while Gatsas' "crowning economic development achievement" has been a "grocery store."
The arena was backed by more than one mayor, but it was built because of the work of a dedicated group of volunteers and the specific endorsement of the voters in a public referendum.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: Has Hillary Clinton ever been right on foreign policy? - 0
- David Harsanyi: The left's ridiculous freakout over Burger King - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 2
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 30
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission - 0
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission