Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A 'bit irked' that report has car facts wrong
Mike is a black-and-white kind of kid, given to solid, simple replies to questions. "No," being his favorite answer. "Yes" ranks a distant second.
It seemed an odd request, because I had already told him about my car, which I bought new, have had for 10 years, and which has low mileage and a pleasant attitude.
He paused and then, looking like Perry Mason before a jury, pounced.
"What about it being totally demolished?" he asked.
"Yes!" he said. "According to our records, your car was totaled in December of 2007."
Now, I will admit I am getting a bit hazy with my recollections on certain matters, like golf scores or what I had for lunch, or whether I spoke last week to the Turks, the Hooksett Kiwanis, or the Ancient Order of Hibernians. (In fact, it was all three.)
But there it was, duly noted by something called "Carfax," which apparently has access to more information on car data than Edward Snowden took from the NSA.
Much to my relief, I have been told that the whole thing can be resolved and corrected. All I need is to get the U.S. House, Senate, and the President to agree to it. Piece of cake.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- New faces, proven veterans will assure Union Leader's solid hold on the news - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A tough hike to see AMC 'croo,' but finding 'Quos' made the day - 0
- Publisher's Notebook: The candidate who can spell the name of every 80's sports car wins - 4
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Sometimes, we have too much on our plates - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project