Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
UPDATED: Nevada student shoots, kills teacher and self; wounds 2 students
Both of the wounded students from Sparks Middle School were rushed to Renown Regional Medical Center in nearby Reno, where one of them underwent emergency surgery, said Tom Miller, acting Sparks police chief.
"There are four casualties," Washoe County's emergency manager, Aaron Kenneston said. He could not immediately say whether any of the four were fatally wounded or provide information about their identities. He did say students were among those hurt.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reported that two people, including the shooter, had died in the incident in Sparks, a town in northern Nevada just east of Reno.
Two boys wounded in the shooting were hospitalized at Renown Regional Medical Center in critical condition, said Angela Rambo, a spokeswoman for the hospital.A police dispatcher said there was no ongoing threat. The dispatcher could not provide any information about the shooter.
Kenneston said the emergency call reporting the shooting came in at about 7:30 a.m. local time.Terry Bartek, a spokeswoman for the Washoe County School District, which includes Sparks, did not know if classes were already in session when the shooting occurred. Classes at the middle school and a neighboring elementary school were canceled as a precaution, Bartek said.
"Students from the actual school where the incident happened are being moved to another site to be picked up by parents," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917