Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Investigation continues of Rochester reporter facing invasion of privacy charges
Conor Brendan Makem, 45, of 5 West Concord St. in Dover, was charged with one count of falsification of physical evidence and a dozen counts of misdemeanor invasion of privacy.
Makem, who worked as a reporter for The Rochester Times — which is owned by Foster’s Daily Democrat — for the past decade, was terminated Thursday morning.
Police found probable cause to investigate child pornography and obscene matter and the interception and disclosure of telecommunications prohibited, according to the affidavits and warrants used to search Makem’s workspace, home and his seized electronic items — including computers, phones, camera and portable storage devices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917