Newport schools receive computer donation from Dartmouth
The equipment was badly needed and is being put to good use in Towle School and Newport Middle High School, said Newport School District’s new Director of Technology Viki Bridge.
The desktops went to Towle School upper elementary for 5th and 6th graders and replace old computers used by students.
Bridge said the donation amounts to about $9,000 in equipment. Without the donation, she would have asked for the equipment in next year’s budget, she said.
“Especially since so much more of their curriculum is online. We have a new reading program in the district that has an online component to it,” Bridge said.A math program used by the district that keeps track of students’ progress also requires online access, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Two in Keene robbed at home
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112