Newport schools receive computer donation from Dartmouth
The equipment was badly needed and is being put to good use in Towle School and Newport Middle High School, said Newport School District’s new Director of Technology Viki Bridge.
The desktops went to Towle School upper elementary for 5th and 6th graders and replace old computers used by students.
Bridge said the donation amounts to about $9,000 in equipment. Without the donation, she would have asked for the equipment in next year’s budget, she said.
“Especially since so much more of their curriculum is online. We have a new reading program in the district that has an online component to it,” Bridge said.A math program used by the district that keeps track of students’ progress also requires online access, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test