Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up in polls; hockey team drops
North Dakota State (7-0) maintained its top ranking in both polls, but quietly the University of Maine (6-1) is ranked No. 11 in the Sports Network Poll, up from No. 14 last week. The Black Bears also moved up three spots to No. 14 in the FCS Coaches Poll.
The Wildcats hit the road to face Stony Brook Saturday in a 4 p.m. contest.
The UNH men’s hockey team slid one spot to No. 14 in the USCHO.com Division I poll. The Wildcats hosted No. 4 Michigan and managed a 1-1 tie on Friday and a 3-2 overtime loss Saturday. UNH (1-2-1) remained No. 13 in the weekly USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine college hockey poll.
Minnesota (4-0-0) took over the top spot in both hockey polls.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up