Make it a fun but still frugal Halloween
Q: How do I save on Halloween candy?
A: The Halloween season should be a fun time, and luckily when you follow the tips below it can be a frugal one too. You don't have to spend big bucks on Halloween candy when you give these tricks a try. Take a peek:
1. Shop closer to Halloween. The closer it gets to Halloween the higher the discounts. Wait to buy a few days before if at all possible. You might need to deal with a crowd, but the savings can make it well worth it. For the ultimate in savings, try shopping the day before or the day of.
2. Shop with coupons, of course! Everything costs less when you use coupons. Look for coupons in your Sunday newspaper, on receipts, at in-store coupons machines called blinkies, or online. You may even see peel-off coupons on the packaging. Then, pair coupons with a sale for the best deal. There should be tons of sales to pair with.
3. Get creative. Think outside the box. Why not look for deals at your local drug store in your Sunday circular? Many times they offer incentives and coupons that make for great deals on Halloween candy! You can even find deals on small toys, plastic rings, pencils, or other non-candy items that may cost less to pass out and are still fun.
4. Don't buy your favorite kind of candy. When you do this, you risk the chance of eating it before Halloween night. So remember, instead of grabbing bags of your favorite chocolate mini bars, buy a value bag of suckers or variety candy. Not only will you save yourself the temptation, but likely save money in the process.
5. Ration the candy out yourself. Don't make the mistake of letting kids grab their own candy. Instead, when you answer the door have a few pieces in your hand for passing out. This way, kids are getting one piece per child and not grabbing handfuls of their own. And by all means, never leave a self-serve bowl out. It will be gone in a matter of seconds.
When you follow these tips, you can easily enjoy this haunting season for less. Give these tips a try and see how much you can save on your Halloween candy!
For more tips on saving money, go to time2saveworkshops.com. Email email@example.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.