County attorney says following Laurie list 'not worth it'
Prosecutors have a constitutional obligation to notify defendants of all evidence favorable to them, including police discipline involving dishonesty, according to the state Attorney General.
Concord attorney Jim Moir said defendants in cases in which Seusing testified have the right to know even after trial, and even after many years. He suggested she make a public statement telling the defendants that Seusing had a Laurie issue dating back to the mid-1980s that wasn't disclosed as required.
Issuing such a statement would likely bring work at her office to a standstill, she said.
But Moir said the defendants have a constitutional right to the information.
Moir said if defendants have more than just mere speculation that a particular officer testifying against them had a Laurie issue that wasn't disclosed before trial, they can send a letter asking the prosecutor to investigate, and follow up by filing a motion in court.
"The Laurie list is not a list of untrustworthy officers," LaFrance said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brandon Ross: A sure-fire way to eradicate NH's 'spice' problem - 0
- Another View: Jeanne Shaheen was M.I.A. on VA reform - 24
- Paul Holloway: NH's community colleges prepare for a new era - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: More ways Washington squanders your money - 5
- Pat Buchanan: Let Congress vote on Iraq War III - 1
- Who is minding those who mind the store at NH State House? - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: America's selective Libertarianism - 6
- Charles Krauthammer: Why Hillary got it right - 11
- George Will: President Obama in a stew over inversions - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen