County attorney says following Laurie list 'not worth it'
Prosecutors have a constitutional obligation to notify defendants of all evidence favorable to them, including police discipline involving dishonesty, according to the state Attorney General.
Concord attorney Jim Moir said defendants in cases in which Seusing testified have the right to know even after trial, and even after many years. He suggested she make a public statement telling the defendants that Seusing had a Laurie issue dating back to the mid-1980s that wasn't disclosed as required.
Issuing such a statement would likely bring work at her office to a standstill, she said.
But Moir said the defendants have a constitutional right to the information.
Moir said if defendants have more than just mere speculation that a particular officer testifying against them had a Laurie issue that wasn't disclosed before trial, they can send a letter asking the prosecutor to investigate, and follow up by filing a motion in court.
"The Laurie list is not a list of untrustworthy officers," LaFrance said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans