Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth woman sentenced 8 years to life for causing fatal heroin overdose
Jennifer Landry, 42, of Portsmouth was sentenced 8 years to life in prison on Monday after pleading guilty to giving a fatal dose of heroin to 22-year-old Svetlana Fillippenko. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The state medical examiner concluded that her death was caused by “acute heroin intoxication.”
“She has done each and every thing she could to better herself and allowed justice to be had for the family,” Newkirk said.
Landry allegedly told Fillippenko in one message that the heroin was “twice as strong” and warned her to be careful with it, according to police.
Wageling said she was “sad for the family who lost someone dear to them” and told Landry it was her job to tell people now about the consequences of her actions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483