Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Portsmouth woman sentenced 8 years to life for causing fatal heroin overdose
Jennifer Landry, 42, of Portsmouth was sentenced 8 years to life in prison on Monday after pleading guilty to giving a fatal dose of heroin to 22-year-old Svetlana Fillippenko. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The state medical examiner concluded that her death was caused by “acute heroin intoxication.”
“She has done each and every thing she could to better herself and allowed justice to be had for the family,” Newkirk said.
Landry allegedly told Fillippenko in one message that the heroin was “twice as strong” and warned her to be careful with it, according to police.
Wageling said she was “sad for the family who lost someone dear to them” and told Landry it was her job to tell people now about the consequences of her actions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 6
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 1
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917