All Sections

Home | Crime

Two men, woman face burglary charges in Manchester

October 21. 2013 9:41PM

MANCHESTER — Two men charged with breaking into a Lake Avenue apartment and stealing a large television set and an iPod Touch, and the woman accused of acting as a lookout, were arraigned Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on felony charges.

David Mitchell, 28, of 337 Manchester St., and Robert Ruggiero, 19, who lists the homeless shelter as his address, could enter no plea to felony charges of burglary. They are accused of breaking the glass of a second-floor rear door to an apartment and removing the items.

Elena Picco, 29, of 337 Manchester St., could enter no plea to criminal liability to burglary, for allegedly acting as a lookout with a two- way walkie-talkie.

Police were alerted to the Friday morning burglary by a person who saw suspicious activity involving three people and a vehicle, which left the area shortly after the witness heard glass breaking.

A vehicle matching the description was located in a parking lot at Manchester Pawn on Hollis Street and police said there was a large flat screen TV in the rear hatch of the vehicle.

In court, Picco said: “I’m really sorry.” She said since her daughter died two months ago, “I feel I’ve been on a roller coaster.” Mitchell also referred to losing a child, but offered no apology.

Bail for Picco and Mitchell was set at $3,000 cash/surety, with probable cause hearings set for Oct. 29.

A Goffstown police prosecutor was in Circuit Court for the arraignment of Ruggiero on a felony burglary charge that alleges he broke into a Glenwood Drive residence in Goffstown Oct. 15.

Ruggiero’s bail is $3,000 cash/surety on the Manchester charge and $10,000 cash/surety on the Goffstown burglary charge. Probable cause hearings were set for Oct. 29 in Manchester and Oct. 30 in Goffstown.

Customer tackled robber

Angelo Kapos marked his 35th birthday Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where he was arraigned on felony charges of armed robbery and criminal threatening.

Kapos is accused of using what appeared to be a handgun in an attempt to rob the 7-11 store at 557 Maple St., about 4:45 p.m. Friday.

Kapos allegedly entered the store and approached the clerk, pointing a black handgun at her and demanding money.

Police said a 46-year-old customer was able to tackle Kapos from behind, wrestling him to the floor, where the struggle continued and Kapos allegedly pointed the gun at the customer and threatened to shoot him.

Police said the customer was able to get the gun away from Kapos and hand it to the clerk, detaining Kapos until police arrived.

Kapos complained in court about a proposed $20,000 cash/surety bail, pointing out the gun was a BB gun. He also said he had never failed to appear in court in connection with previous charges, which resulted in convictions that include theft by deception and assault.

Judge William Lyons set bail at $15,000 cash/surety and a probable cause hearing was set for Oct. 29.

Two separate arrests

Police said an ex-girlfriend reported that when she was moving out of the apartment she had shared with Paul MacNeil, 47, at 45 1/2 Jones St., Saturday, he knocked a television set and chair off the porch, breaking them, and shoved her with both hands in the chest, causing her to fall back into a wall and then to the ground. She said he also refused to return her cell phone, which she wanted to use to call police.

Police said MacNeil denied damaging the items, but he was arrested and released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, scheduled for trial Nov. 21. Bail conditions barred him from contact with the victim, who was moving upstairs in the same building, and barred him from the address.

But the victim reported MacNeil had returned a short time later and he was arrested a second time Saturday, this time charged with stalking and violation of bail conditions. He was arraigned on all the charges Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, where police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke his bail and have him held until trial Nov. 21. A bail revocation hearing was set for Tuesday morning.

Ex-girlfriend is victim

Police said a city man accused of stalking and attempting to strangle his ex-girlfriend, then burglarizing and trashing her Village Circle Way apartment, had a controlled drug in his possession when he was stopped with stolen property in his backpack.

Kendrick Brown, 22, who lists the homeless shelter as his address, is accused of jumping out from behind a dumpster and confronting his ex-girlfriend, who was with a new boyfriend Saturday night. He’s accused of grabbing her by the neck and squeezing until she was unable to breathe, and fighting with her boyfriend.

Brown is also accused of breaking into her apartment early Sunday and trashing it, as well as stealing property belonging to her and her roommate. Police said when he was located, Brown initially gave a false name, but police said he had some of the stolen property in his backpack and had the controlled drug Suboxone in his possession.

Brown could enter no plea to the felony charges of second-degree assault, burglary, receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug at his arraignment Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Oct. 29. He pleaded innocent to misdemeanors of criminal mischief and stalking and trial was set for Nov. 19. Bail was set at $20,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include not going to the victim’s residence and not having contact with her or her roommate.

Accused of stalking

A bail revocation hearing is scheduled Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for John Weber, 26, of 452 Pine St., who was arraigned Monday on five stalking charges, five violations of a protective order, and single simple assault and resisting arrest charges. Police said the alleged victim is the maternal grandmother of Weber’s daughter and the alleged incidents are related to a custody dispute.

Police prosecutors filed four motions to revoke Weber’s bail.

He is accused of threatening the woman in texts, phone calls and in person, when he allegedly assaulted her outside her residence. The initial charges stemmed from a message he left Oct. 1, for which he was released on bail, with trial set for Nov. 6.

But police said Weber continued to contact the woman, threatening her. He’s also accused of assaulting her and knocking off her glasses when she went outside to get the newspaper. The resisting arrest charge alleges he struggled with officers seeking to handcuff him during the second arrest, stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred Oct. 16-18.

Weber was out on bail on an unrelated April theft charge, scheduled for a status hearing Nov. 6, when the new incidents allegedly occurred.

Crime, law and justice Manchester


More Headlines