Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Hillsborough County jail officials investigating cause of Elliott Hospital patient’s injuries
Dionne said he is conducting an internal investigation and developing a time line of the events that began about 7:25 p.m. when Ornelas, 54, of Manchester allegedly grew agitated, disrupting other patients at Elliot Hospital’s secure psychiatric evaluation unit, which is part of its emergency department.
As part of the jail intake process, Ornelas was seen by a nurse, who noticed “his face was all bruised and puffy,” Dionne said.
The nurse checked on Ornelas “some hours later” and she determined, in consultation with a staff physician, that he needed medical treatment beyond what jail staff could provide, Dionne said. Ornelas returned to Elliot Hospital’s emergency department about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Susanna Whitcher said.
She would not discuss his case further.
According to Whitcher, Ornelas initially arrived at Elliot’s emergency department Oct. 15.
Dionne said Ornelas remains in Hillsborough County House of Corrections’ custody while hospitalized. Once medically stable, he is expected to be released back to the Manchester jail, then be arraigned in court. He said it’s possible a judge may request a bedside arraignment.
“No staff members attacked him,” Dionne said.
Ornelas has been a member of Derryfield Country Club for many years, the club’s golf professional Mike Ryan said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917