Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Hillsborough County jail officials investigating cause of Elliott Hospital patient’s injuries
Dionne said he is conducting an internal investigation and developing a time line of the events that began about 7:25 p.m. when Ornelas, 54, of Manchester allegedly grew agitated, disrupting other patients at Elliot Hospital’s secure psychiatric evaluation unit, which is part of its emergency department.
As part of the jail intake process, Ornelas was seen by a nurse, who noticed “his face was all bruised and puffy,” Dionne said.
The nurse checked on Ornelas “some hours later” and she determined, in consultation with a staff physician, that he needed medical treatment beyond what jail staff could provide, Dionne said. Ornelas returned to Elliot Hospital’s emergency department about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Susanna Whitcher said.
She would not discuss his case further.
According to Whitcher, Ornelas initially arrived at Elliot’s emergency department Oct. 15.
Dionne said Ornelas remains in Hillsborough County House of Corrections’ custody while hospitalized. Once medically stable, he is expected to be released back to the Manchester jail, then be arraigned in court. He said it’s possible a judge may request a bedside arraignment.
“No staff members attacked him,” Dionne said.
Ornelas has been a member of Derryfield Country Club for many years, the club’s golf professional Mike Ryan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917