Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Cardinals no strangers to World Series
They’re just here to play baseball, folks. Well-groomed, respect for the game, youngsters thankful for the opportunity and an aging star worth rooting for in Carlos Beltran, whom you may remember as the guy who took that called third strike from Adam Wainwright in what feels like another lifetime ago.
That’s all put away for the winter. But if you’re still jonesing for something silly or sensational, all this World Series has to offer along those lines is the Red Sox’s unnatural obsession with facial hair. And really, what’s there to say about that? After a few ZZ Top references, it gets old fast.
So what happened next? Chaos? Anarchy? Not quite.
With a rotation anchored by Wainwright and Michael Wacha, a lineup powered by Molina, Beltran and Matt Holliday, and a bullpen stocked with flamethrowers, including newbie closer Trevor Rosenthal, this is not some flavor of the month.
Contact David Lennon at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos