Bedford advances in tourney
With the win, the seventh-seeded Bulldogs (7-5-3) advanced to play second-seeded Pinkerton on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in Derry.
Bedford got on the board first with a goal by Laura Costes, assisted by Hannah Crocutt.
Finally Abby Swenson was able to beat Bedford goalie Paige Noble and tie it 1-1.
“When they scored that goal, we were bunching” said Bedford coach Steve Connors. “Once we bunch, we lose control of the ball.”
“Our game plan is to get bigger once we have the ball” said Connors. “Once we start spreading the field, we moved the ball into their end.”
Central coach Bill Larkins was upbeat after the game. “This is our first playoff appearance in eight years. I’m very proud of this team.“These girls worked very hard to get to this place. They left everything out on the field today” said Larkins.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings