Bedford advances in tourney
With the win, the seventh-seeded Bulldogs (7-5-3) advanced to play second-seeded Pinkerton on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in Derry.
Bedford got on the board first with a goal by Laura Costes, assisted by Hannah Crocutt.
Finally Abby Swenson was able to beat Bedford goalie Paige Noble and tie it 1-1.
“When they scored that goal, we were bunching” said Bedford coach Steve Connors. “Once we bunch, we lose control of the ball.”
“Our game plan is to get bigger once we have the ball” said Connors. “Once we start spreading the field, we moved the ball into their end.”
Central coach Bill Larkins was upbeat after the game. “This is our first playoff appearance in eight years. I’m very proud of this team.“These girls worked very hard to get to this place. They left everything out on the field today” said Larkins.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 38
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 4
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty