Bedford advances in tourney
With the win, the seventh-seeded Bulldogs (7-5-3) advanced to play second-seeded Pinkerton on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in Derry.
Bedford got on the board first with a goal by Laura Costes, assisted by Hannah Crocutt.
Finally Abby Swenson was able to beat Bedford goalie Paige Noble and tie it 1-1.
“When they scored that goal, we were bunching” said Bedford coach Steve Connors. “Once we bunch, we lose control of the ball.”
“Our game plan is to get bigger once we have the ball” said Connors. “Once we start spreading the field, we moved the ball into their end.”
Central coach Bill Larkins was upbeat after the game. “This is our first playoff appearance in eight years. I’m very proud of this team.“These girls worked very hard to get to this place. They left everything out on the field today” said Larkins.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0