Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Defense in sex assault case seeks victim's cell phone
Riley is accused of sexually assaulting the 35-year-old man in a car while the two were at a Portsmouth parking lot last Nov. 2.
Riley claims, “that there were text messages and photos sent to (him) which would impeach statements (the man) has made to the police,” Soldati said in court papers.
Riley allegedly had the victim in his car following a Halloween-themed dance hosted at Living Innovations offices, located at 1950 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth.
Riley allegedly showed nude pictures of himself kept on his cell phone to the victim, police said.
Prosecutors have told the defense that Portsmouth police never asked for or viewed the man’s cell phone.
“The defendant has a right to a ‘public’ trial and the pleadings in this case are public records,” Solidati said in a court motion. He argued that the state had no legal authority to pursue sealing the defense’s motion seeking evidence in the case.
The kidnapping carries a potential 3½- to 7-year prison term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424