Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Defense in sex assault case seeks victim's cell phone
Riley is accused of sexually assaulting the 35-year-old man in a car while the two were at a Portsmouth parking lot last Nov. 2.
Riley claims, “that there were text messages and photos sent to (him) which would impeach statements (the man) has made to the police,” Soldati said in court papers.
Riley allegedly had the victim in his car following a Halloween-themed dance hosted at Living Innovations offices, located at 1950 Lafayette Road in Portsmouth.
Riley allegedly showed nude pictures of himself kept on his cell phone to the victim, police said.
Prosecutors have told the defense that Portsmouth police never asked for or viewed the man’s cell phone.
“The defendant has a right to a ‘public’ trial and the pleadings in this case are public records,” Solidati said in a court motion. He argued that the state had no legal authority to pursue sealing the defense’s motion seeking evidence in the case.
The kidnapping carries a potential 3½- to 7-year prison term.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424