Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Manchester teacher accused of putting soap, pepper in student's mouth
Donna Varney, 54, of 15 Iron Horse Drive, Bedford, was indicted on three counts of simple assault by a grand jury sitting in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District.
She resigned her position as a special education teacher for grades 1 to 3 on June 30, according to Tracy Mancuso, administrative assistant to Manchester School District Superintendent Debra Livingston.
The incidents took place between Nov.1 and Dec. 30 of last year.
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Rose-Marie Balboni, the prosecutor assigned to the case, declined comment.
According to the indictments, which are class A misdemeanors that carry a maximum sentence of 2 to 5 years on each count, Varney is accused of knowingly causing unprivileged physical contact with the child when she put soap and pepper in the special education student's mouth and also flicked a book at the child's face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 0
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917