Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Manchester teacher accused of putting soap, pepper in student's mouth
Donna Varney, 54, of 15 Iron Horse Drive, Bedford, was indicted on three counts of simple assault by a grand jury sitting in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District.
She resigned her position as a special education teacher for grades 1 to 3 on June 30, according to Tracy Mancuso, administrative assistant to Manchester School District Superintendent Debra Livingston.
The incidents took place between Nov.1 and Dec. 30 of last year.
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Rose-Marie Balboni, the prosecutor assigned to the case, declined comment.
According to the indictments, which are class A misdemeanors that carry a maximum sentence of 2 to 5 years on each count, Varney is accused of knowingly causing unprivileged physical contact with the child when she put soap and pepper in the special education student's mouth and also flicked a book at the child's face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917