Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester teacher accused of putting soap, pepper in student's mouth
Donna Varney, 54, of 15 Iron Horse Drive, Bedford, was indicted on three counts of simple assault by a grand jury sitting in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District.
She resigned her position as a special education teacher for grades 1 to 3 on June 30, according to Tracy Mancuso, administrative assistant to Manchester School District Superintendent Debra Livingston.
The incidents took place between Nov.1 and Dec. 30 of last year.
Assistant Hillsborough County Attorney Rose-Marie Balboni, the prosecutor assigned to the case, declined comment.
According to the indictments, which are class A misdemeanors that carry a maximum sentence of 2 to 5 years on each count, Varney is accused of knowingly causing unprivileged physical contact with the child when she put soap and pepper in the special education student's mouth and also flicked a book at the child's face.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424