Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Salem teen in custody after his mother is assaulted
According to police, Thomas George was taken into custody on Cluff Crossing Road in the later hours of the morning.
Salem High School and Pinkerton Academy in Derry were both put on lockdown as a precaution this morning as police searched for George. George had been a student at Pinkerton but is not cuirrently enrolled there, according to a school official.
Police were looking for a green Kia Sephia which was found in Derry. Police suspect George stole another car, which he left at Rockingham Park, before heading toward Cluff Crossing Road on foot.
During the search, police asked for the public's help, and Deputy Chief Shawn Patten stated George was armed with a knife and hammer and considered dangerous.
A spokesman at Pinkerton Academy said George attended the school for the last three years. He isn't presently enrolled as he withdrew last year, said Chip Underhill, Pinkerton's executive director of public affairs.
Pinkerton went into lockdown at 8:55 a.m. , when it was learned George had fled Salem after the alleged incident and was headed for Derry.
"It was announced, this was not a drill," Underhill said.
The high school was scheduled to hold a lockdown drill sometime this week, Underhill said. The lockdown ended 20 minutes later, Underhill said.
"We were extremely pleased by how the students and teacher responded to this actual event," Underhill said. "They locked the doors and stayed quiet."
Underhill said that he was sure some of the students were upset by the actual lockdown and will be discussing the incident.
(Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee also contributed to this story.)
Previous story follows:
SALEM - Police are looking for an 18-year-old man in connection with an attempted murder Thursday morning on Cluff Crossing Road.
Investigators said Thomas George fled the area in a green Kia Sophia with New Hampshire registration 317 1993 or 341 1012. The car has a U.S. Air Force sticker on the rear window.
Police considered George to be dangerous and believe he is armed with a knife and hammer.
Call 911 if you see him or the car.
Salem High School was put in a "precautionary lockdown" only Thursday morning because George has ties to the school, police said. Several police officers were assigned to the school to provide added security.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917