Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Salem teen in custody after his mother is assaulted
According to police, Thomas George was taken into custody on Cluff Crossing Road in the later hours of the morning.
Salem High School and Pinkerton Academy in Derry were both put on lockdown as a precaution this morning as police searched for George. George had been a student at Pinkerton but is not cuirrently enrolled there, according to a school official.
Police were looking for a green Kia Sephia which was found in Derry. Police suspect George stole another car, which he left at Rockingham Park, before heading toward Cluff Crossing Road on foot.
During the search, police asked for the public's help, and Deputy Chief Shawn Patten stated George was armed with a knife and hammer and considered dangerous.
A spokesman at Pinkerton Academy said George attended the school for the last three years. He isn't presently enrolled as he withdrew last year, said Chip Underhill, Pinkerton's executive director of public affairs.
Pinkerton went into lockdown at 8:55 a.m. , when it was learned George had fled Salem after the alleged incident and was headed for Derry.
"It was announced, this was not a drill," Underhill said.
The high school was scheduled to hold a lockdown drill sometime this week, Underhill said. The lockdown ended 20 minutes later, Underhill said.
"We were extremely pleased by how the students and teacher responded to this actual event," Underhill said. "They locked the doors and stayed quiet."
Underhill said that he was sure some of the students were upset by the actual lockdown and will be discussing the incident.
(Union Leader Correspondent Hunter McGee also contributed to this story.)
Previous story follows:
SALEM - Police are looking for an 18-year-old man in connection with an attempted murder Thursday morning on Cluff Crossing Road.
Investigators said Thomas George fled the area in a green Kia Sophia with New Hampshire registration 317 1993 or 341 1012. The car has a U.S. Air Force sticker on the rear window.
Police considered George to be dangerous and believe he is armed with a knife and hammer.
Call 911 if you see him or the car.
Salem High School was put in a "precautionary lockdown" only Thursday morning because George has ties to the school, police said. Several police officers were assigned to the school to provide added security.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 9
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917