Home » News » Public Safety
Garage, car burn in Hanover blaze
The officer could see the flames in the area of Thompson Terrace and called the fire department. When the first crews arrived just after 7:30 p.m., a detached garage at 10 Brook Road was completely in flames.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, however, the building and a car inside were destroyed.
The cause is under investigation, but it is not believed to be suspicious, according to a news release issued by the Hanover Fire Department. No one was injured.
Assisting firefighters were fire crews from Hartford, Vt. and Lebanon, as well as Hanover police. Firefighters from Norwich, Vt. and Lyme covered the fire station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run