High School Soccer: Pinkerton locks up No. 2 seed with 2-0 win over Dover
The Astros finished with a record of 13-2-1, the best ever mark for a Pinkerton girls' squad according to head coach Stephen Gundrum.
“We're a young team and the tendency with younger players I've found is that they ease up on the gas. They don't go for the jugular,” Gundrum said. “We didn't put this team away. But they're a very good defensive team. They make it difficult to score. But we got two (goals) and we're happy.”
Unbeaten powerhouse Exeter (15-0-0 and ranked No. 1 in the country) is the top seed in Division I.
Derryfield 12, Portsmouth Christian Academy 0: At Manchester, freshman Gabi Brummett scored seven goals to lead the way. Emma Garfield (goal, two assists), Taylor Huxtable, Chloe Warner, Margaret Ives and Katelyn Mullikin added solo tallies for Derryfield (14-1-0). Cam Huftalen made one save in the shutout.
Bedford 3, Manchester Central 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-13): At Manchester, Sadhana Tadepalli (five aces, 15 assists), Hannah Koehler (eight aces, seven kills) and Abby Guerra (five aces, 10 digs) led Bedford (13-5).
Pembroke 3, Goffstown 1: At Pembroke, Justus Turk broke a 1-1 tie in the 73rd minute and Aaron Locke added an insurance goal for Pembroke. Spencer Nowe had given Pembroke a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute before Jacob Gagnon scored for Goffstown in the 25th minute. Salem 5, Bishop Guertin 0: At Salem Tuesday, Todd Righini scored a hat trick just 14 minutes into the game. Bryant Borges and Jake DiTore added goals for the 9-6 Blue Devils.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840