High School Soccer: Pinkerton locks up No. 2 seed with 2-0 win over Dover
The Astros finished with a record of 13-2-1, the best ever mark for a Pinkerton girls' squad according to head coach Stephen Gundrum.
“We're a young team and the tendency with younger players I've found is that they ease up on the gas. They don't go for the jugular,” Gundrum said. “We didn't put this team away. But they're a very good defensive team. They make it difficult to score. But we got two (goals) and we're happy.”
Unbeaten powerhouse Exeter (15-0-0 and ranked No. 1 in the country) is the top seed in Division I.
Derryfield 12, Portsmouth Christian Academy 0: At Manchester, freshman Gabi Brummett scored seven goals to lead the way. Emma Garfield (goal, two assists), Taylor Huxtable, Chloe Warner, Margaret Ives and Katelyn Mullikin added solo tallies for Derryfield (14-1-0). Cam Huftalen made one save in the shutout.
Bedford 3, Manchester Central 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-13): At Manchester, Sadhana Tadepalli (five aces, 15 assists), Hannah Koehler (eight aces, seven kills) and Abby Guerra (five aces, 10 digs) led Bedford (13-5).
Pembroke 3, Goffstown 1: At Pembroke, Justus Turk broke a 1-1 tie in the 73rd minute and Aaron Locke added an insurance goal for Pembroke. Spencer Nowe had given Pembroke a 1-0 lead in the 10th minute before Jacob Gagnon scored for Goffstown in the 25th minute. Salem 5, Bishop Guertin 0: At Salem Tuesday, Todd Righini scored a hat trick just 14 minutes into the game. Bryant Borges and Jake DiTore added goals for the 9-6 Blue Devils.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840