Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Lucic, Krug score twice as B's top Sabres
Bruins left wing Milan Lucic celebrates his second goal of the night during the second period of Boston's 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres Wednesday night. (Kevin Hoffman/USA TODAY Sports)
Dougie Hamilton also scored for the Bruins, who won their third game in a row. Chad Johnson made 14 saves for Boston (6-2-0).
Lucic opened the scoring 10:59 into the first after a Jerome Iginla shot deflected off his skate. He had more of a hand in his second goal, which also came from an Iginla assist. Iginla found Lucic streaking toward the Buffalo net, and the two connected on a tap-in to put Boston up 2-0 just 40 seconds into the second period.
Krug gave the Bruins some breathing room 4:17 into the third period when he outmuscled Sabres forward Drew Stafford and slid the puck between Miller's legs. The goal gave Boston a 4-2 lead, and Krug increased the advantage to 5-2 five minutes later on a snap shot from the left circle.
Zadorov cut Boston's lead to one with just under five minutes left in the second on his first NHL goal. The impressive teenager cut through the right circle, skated around Boston winger Carl Soderberg and put a nifty backhand past Johnson. The goal came in just his second NHL game.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings