Toffoli's two goals lead Manchester Monarchs by Sharks
The Monarchs (5-0-3 for 13 points) will host the St. John's IceCaps for two games at Verizon Wireless Arena Friday (7 p.m.) and Saturday (3 p.m.).
The Sharks (1-3-0) pressured late and had a near-miss in front of the cage, but Jones weathered the storm and Manchester defenseman Nick Deslauriers skated the other way and beat Harri Sateri to make it 3-2 with 90 seconds left. Toffoli scored his second goal on an empty net at 19:11 to put the game away. Toffoli leads the team with five goals.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up