Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Dispute over medication called trigger for man's attack on mother
In the aftermath of the alleged assault, police engaged in a three-hour manhunt for George that led to Derry and back to Salem. As a result of the incident, Salem High School and several schools in Derry were placed on a precautionary lockdown.
"Catherine complied and gave the medication to Thomas," Woidyla stated. "At this point, Thomas attacked her by stabbing her in the neck, leg, and hand. She stated that Thomas also hit her on the head with the hammer as she tried to defend herself."
After leaving the house, Thomas George allegedly drove to Derry, where he stole a car and drove back to Salem, leaving that vehicle in the Rockingham Park parking lot.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said detectives are continuing to investigate the incident and there could be additional charges brought against George.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 8
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917