Common Core talk is pointed in Epping
The goal was to establish one set of clear educational expectations for English language arts/literacy and mathematics that states can share and voluntarily adopt.
Stotsky said she was one of five members who refused to sign off on the standards, arguing there are many flaws. Among other things, she said the college readiness standards and others were not developed using “real world experience” and won’t prepare students for “authentic” college coursework.
Stotsky also said the standards themselves are poorly written and “approach gibberish.”
“Common core really is a path to nowhere when it comes to mathematics,” said Jamie Gass, director of the Center for School Reform at the Pioneer Institute in Boston, Speaker Greg Hill, who formerly served on the House Education Committee, reiterated comments made by others who called Common Core an “experiment” on children.
“The more people that show up the more power we have,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 20
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 5
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
- NH's Obamabots: Taking their cues from party bosses - 57
- Spending & voting: MayDay's wasted money - 5
- For the NH GOP: Two new stars - 13
- 9/11 memories revived: 'A quiet, unyielding anger' - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 8
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children