Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth accident involving COAST bus injures four
The crash happened about 7:35 a.m. at Franklin and Main streets.
Capt. Russell Timmons said Maximilian Hennessy, 17, of Rollinsford was driving the Elantra. He pulled out of the Preservation Park apartment complex into the path of the bus, operated by Sean Edemen of New Durham, that was heading south on Main Street, according to a preliminary investigation.
Timmons said the bus hit the Elantra in the front fender on the driver's side. Hennessy, he said, told the investigating officer that parallel parked cars blocked his view of the bus.
The crash is still under investigation, but Hennessy is expected to be issued a summons for either failure to yield or driver inattention.
Sixteen people were on the bus, including the driver, and four of the passengers were taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for treatment of minor bumps and bruises, Timmons said. Neither Hennessy nor his passenger was injured.
COAST sent another bus to the scene to take the remaining passengers to their destinations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate