Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth accident involving COAST bus injures four
The crash happened about 7:35 a.m. at Franklin and Main streets.
Capt. Russell Timmons said Maximilian Hennessy, 17, of Rollinsford was driving the Elantra. He pulled out of the Preservation Park apartment complex into the path of the bus, operated by Sean Edemen of New Durham, that was heading south on Main Street, according to a preliminary investigation.
Timmons said the bus hit the Elantra in the front fender on the driver's side. Hennessy, he said, told the investigating officer that parallel parked cars blocked his view of the bus.
The crash is still under investigation, but Hennessy is expected to be issued a summons for either failure to yield or driver inattention.
Sixteen people were on the bus, including the driver, and four of the passengers were taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital for treatment of minor bumps and bruises, Timmons said. Neither Hennessy nor his passenger was injured.
COAST sent another bus to the scene to take the remaining passengers to their destinations.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester