Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities say Conway teen unlikely to have run away
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said the investigation into the Oct. 9 disappearance of Hernandez has not ruled out any scenario in the case as of yet.
"This is a 15-year-old girl who had a vibrant social media presence that has now gone completely dark," Ramsey said, adding that authorities use the term "victimology" as a means of investigating, not because of any change in Hernandez' status.
Searchers looked again Thursday in targeted areas in town, checking out tips, as the investigation continues. There is no timetable set for the investigation, Ramsey said, and there is no immediate end in sight for investigators.
Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.
"That part of the case has taken a lot of our time," he said, declining to elaborate on whether the social media investigation has produced leads.
Her page features many photos of her and boyfriend Jimmy Campbell, as well as several quotes that she posted in the past year.
Another reads: "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."
Another: "Why do we sleep through church, but stay awake through a three-hour movie? Why is it hard to pray, but easy to cuss? Why is it hard to repost a Godly bulletin, but easy to repost the mean ones? Why can people worship a celebrity, but not God?"
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 11
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072