Home » News » Public Safety
Authorities say Conway teen unlikely to have run away
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said the investigation into the Oct. 9 disappearance of Hernandez has not ruled out any scenario in the case as of yet.
"This is a 15-year-old girl who had a vibrant social media presence that has now gone completely dark," Ramsey said, adding that authorities use the term "victimology" as a means of investigating, not because of any change in Hernandez' status.
Searchers looked again Thursday in targeted areas in town, checking out tips, as the investigation continues. There is no timetable set for the investigation, Ramsey said, and there is no immediate end in sight for investigators.
Ramsey said a lot of law enforcement resources, human and technical, have been dedicated to studying Hernandez' Facebook page.
"That part of the case has taken a lot of our time," he said, declining to elaborate on whether the social media investigation has produced leads.
Her page features many photos of her and boyfriend Jimmy Campbell, as well as several quotes that she posted in the past year.
Another reads: "I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."
Another: "Why do we sleep through church, but stay awake through a three-hour movie? Why is it hard to pray, but easy to cuss? Why is it hard to repost a Godly bulletin, but easy to repost the mean ones? Why can people worship a celebrity, but not God?"
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election