NHIAA Football: Pelham wraps up division title
Pelham secured first place in Division III South by beating Campbell of Litchfield 48-13 Friday night, and will be the home team when the conference title games are played in in two weeks.
Pelham led 14-7 after one quarter, 35-7 at halftime and 42-13 after three quarters.
Perhaps the game’s biggest play was an interception that Zack Conway returned 95 yards for a touchdown with 3:45 remaining in the second quarter. Campbell was threatening to cut its deficit to 14 points at the time, but Conway’s TD and the fifth of Harley Kearney’s six point-after kicks capped the first-half scoring.
Pelham will finish the regular season unbeaten if it can defeat Farmington-Nute next weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child