NHIAA field hockey: Pinkerton shows its strength, heads to Division I semifinals
The defending champion Astros will face Salem in the semifinals Tuesday at Exeter High School.
Four minutes later, Pinkerton struck again. This time Erin Johnson scored with an assist from Kaylie DiCosmo.
In the second half, Bedford made adjustments to keep Pinkerton from scoring but the Astros kept play in the Bulldogs end for most of the half.
Bedford spoiled Abbey Doherty's shut out bid as Kathlyn Rooney scored with just 15 seconds remaining to make the final 4-1.
"We were looking for a 60-minute game," Resmini said. "We're very happy with our performance. It's been a long building process all season."
Connors was full of praise for his team. "They never gave up and fought hard. I'm very proud of how they played."
Salem (13-2) moves on to the semifinals Tuesday at 5 p.m. at Exeter. Merrimack finished 7-7-1. Winnacunnet 3, Bishop Guertin 0: At Hampton, top-ranked Winnacunnet advanced to the semifinals and improved to 15-0.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Nashua man held in home invasion
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow