NHIAA Field Hockey: Derryfield, Gilford, Berlin advance
Kelsey Buckley scored on a penalty stroke eight minutes in and then tallied again 7:00 before the half, this time assisted by Rachel Blandford. Logan Baxter scored an insurance goal in the second half for Gilford and goalkeeper Ashlyn Miller was not required to make any saves in the shutout.
Derryfield 3, Stevens 0: Top-ranked and unbeaten Derryfield continued its march through the postseason with a 3-0 quarterfinal victory over Stevens of Claremont Saturday.
Colbi Vaillancourt had two goals for the Cougars, one unassisted eight minutes into the first half and another, assisted by Polly Carter, with two minutes to go in the game. Sandwiched between those was an unassisted tally by Lainee Shaughnessy in the game’s 11th minute.
Goalie Kate Johnson turned away four Stevens shots behind a Derryfield defense led by Theo O’Leary, Cat Green and Mary Quinn.
It was the second tournament shutout for the Cougars, who were 6-0 winners in the first round against Mascoma Valley last week.
Derryfield’s semifinal opponent is fourth-seeded Hopkinton, Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Exeter High School.
Berlin 4, Littleton 0: At Berlin, sophomore Jensyn Dandeneau scored three goals and assisted on another as third-seeded Berlin advanced to the semifinals of the Division III tournament.Myra Arsenault also scored for Berlin.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings