Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Football Roundup: Dartmouth routs Columbia, 56-0
It was the largest margin of victory for Dartmouth (3-3, 2-1 Ivy) in 77 years. Columbia (0-6, 0-3 Ivy) dropped its seventh straight game dating back to last year.
Sophomore quarterback Dalyn Williams threw for 149 yards on 11-of-18 passing. He was replaced by junior Alex Park in the third quarter.
Defensively, sophomore linebacker Will McNamara picked off a pair of passes and returned both for touchdowns.
At Springfield, Mass., St. Anselm was tied with AIC at halftime, 14-14, but the Yellow Jackets pulled away in the second half Saturday to drop the Hawks to 0-8.
AIC (6-2) went ahead 14-7 with a pair of touchdowns before Charles scored from 12 yards out in the second quarter to tie the game.
At Framingham, Mass., the Framingham State defense forced a pair of turnovers and held Plymouth State (1-6) to just three field goals on 112 yards of total offense Saturday.
On PSU's final six offensive possessions the Rams forced a three and out each time and twice held the Panthers to negative yards.
READER COMMENTS: 39
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0