Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's disastrous run: Incompetence at every turn
As this newspaper wrote just weeks ago, the nation needs the serious adults in the room to step forward and try to steer the ship of state until Jan. 20, 2017. It won't be easy.
Now we know that the system was rushed into being (despite three years of supposed planning) and never properly overseen by Obama's administration. An "end-to-end" test of the system was limited to just 200 users. We suspect a Mitt Romney team would have done a bit better.
Nations have spied on each other since long before Joseph Conrad made it famous in his novel "The Secret Agent," and they always will. But despite the promise of further revelations from the former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, Obama appears totally unprepared for them.
The President's team may be hoping that some other scandal will draw the public's attention next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
- Futures Lab offers a glimpse at college, career - 0
- Scholarship established at Kimball Union Academy to honor slain journalist - 0
- Claremont extends school days after renovation delays - 0
- Merrimack teacher earns NH All-Star Educator award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats