Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's disastrous run: Incompetence at every turn
As this newspaper wrote just weeks ago, the nation needs the serious adults in the room to step forward and try to steer the ship of state until Jan. 20, 2017. It won't be easy.
Now we know that the system was rushed into being (despite three years of supposed planning) and never properly overseen by Obama's administration. An "end-to-end" test of the system was limited to just 200 users. We suspect a Mitt Romney team would have done a bit better.
Nations have spied on each other since long before Joseph Conrad made it famous in his novel "The Secret Agent," and they always will. But despite the promise of further revelations from the former NSA contractor, Edward Snowden, Obama appears totally unprepared for them.
The President's team may be hoping that some other scandal will draw the public's attention next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans