NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS
On Saturday, Keene State College men's soccer coach Dr. Ron Butcher coached his final regular season home game at Owl Athletic Complex.
The Owls earned a win for Butcher, defeating Western Conn. 3-1 thanks to a pair of goals from Scotty Douglas.
With many of his former players in attendance, KSC honored Butcher with a celebration of his career during pre-and post-game ceremonies Saturday.
The dean of men's soccer coaches in New England, Butcher has not only led the Owls to 31 post-season tournament appearances, but has developed numerous All-America, All-New England and All-Conference players, as well as some who have gone on to play in the professional ranks.
Moving to Division III in the fall of 1997, KSC earned an NCAA berth in eight of its first 10 seasons in the Little East Conference.
- - - - - -
This is Cousens' first UAA Athlete of the Week honor of the season and third of her career. Earlier this season she was named ECAC Runner of the Week for her second-place finish at the Dickinson Long and Short Invitational on Sept. 28.
Jed Magnusson of Sanborn is having another strong season as a junior captain on the Endicott College men's soccer team.
A four-year starter at Sanborn Regional under his dad Al, Magnusson is an outside defender who has been a starter all three years at Endicott, which entered the weekend with a record of 8-8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- Input sought on Keene board of ed candidates - 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options