Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about
"There are 14 girls on this team, not six. Every girl on this team is part of the team. They all help each other and learn from each other," Villemaire wrote. "If you look at any pictures from our games, practices, or competitions, you will see genuine friendship in the eyes of every one of these girls."
"One of the judges wrote 'INSPIRED' on the feedback form /score sheet. That is exactly how Kate and I feel every week at practice. We are so proud of every participant on this team, and we can only hope that this experience inspires others."
Happy birthday, MYPN
I miss my days as a Manchester "young professional." I like to think I can still pass for "young," but my children keep amending my perception of "professional." Still, I appreciated the invite from Rob Smalley, Manchester Young Professionals Network's treasurer, to the organization's 9th birthday celebration at the newly renovated Manchester Country Club tomorrow night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. You may see me there trying to pass as a real professional, and hoping no one notices the Play-Doh stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
It's holiday craft fair season, and you can find many of them on NH365.ORG, including the Ho Ho Holidays Craft Fair this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to benefit Mount Saint Mary Academy at 2291 Elm St. Admission is free for this event featuring local crafters, food, and a visit with Santa. Visit wwwNH365.org for more craft fair fun
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 0
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 28
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward