Amherst hiker carried off Pack Monadnock Mountain
PETERBOROUGH — A 56-year-old Amherst man began having trouble breathing while hiking the Marion Davis Trail on Pack Monadnock Mountain and required rescue Sunday, Fish and Game officials said.
Edward Braczyk also reportedly began experiencing abdominal pains just before 2 p.m. Paramedics determined that Braczyk had suffered some sort of cardiac event, Fish and Game Lt. Craig Morrocco said in a news release.
Fish and Game officers, Peterborough Fire and Rescue and DRED Division of Parks carried Braczyk in a litter over a half-mile of rough terrain to a waiting ambulance at the Miller State Park parking lot.
Braczyk was taken to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.