Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester man arrested in robbery try
Police said Michael Garcia, 28, of 325 Amory St., walked into 99 Cent Market, 383 Kelly St., about 9:30 a.m., demanded money and then reached over the counter for the opened register drawer.
Clerk Qaisar Anwer, 43, however, quickly closed the register drawer and simultaneously punched Garcia in the head, according to investigators.
Police said Garcia, who was holding a closed folding knife during the incident, ran empty-handed out of the store heading towards Boutwell Street where he ditched his sweatshirt, but then returned to Kelly Street where he got into a car that drove off.
A witness provided investigators with the description of the car, along with its license plate number, and officers tracked Garcia to his Amory Street address where police arrested him without incident.
Officers checked the area about Boutwell Street and recovered a sweatshirt in the bed of a parked pickup truck and a knife on the ground in a flower bed, items investigators believe belong to Garcia.
He is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917