Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester man arrested in robbery try
Police said Michael Garcia, 28, of 325 Amory St., walked into 99 Cent Market, 383 Kelly St., about 9:30 a.m., demanded money and then reached over the counter for the opened register drawer.
Clerk Qaisar Anwer, 43, however, quickly closed the register drawer and simultaneously punched Garcia in the head, according to investigators.
Police said Garcia, who was holding a closed folding knife during the incident, ran empty-handed out of the store heading towards Boutwell Street where he ditched his sweatshirt, but then returned to Kelly Street where he got into a car that drove off.
A witness provided investigators with the description of the car, along with its license plate number, and officers tracked Garcia to his Amory Street address where police arrested him without incident.
Officers checked the area about Boutwell Street and recovered a sweatshirt in the bed of a parked pickup truck and a knife on the ground in a flower bed, items investigators believe belong to Garcia.
He is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal