Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester man arrested in robbery try
Police said Michael Garcia, 28, of 325 Amory St., walked into 99 Cent Market, 383 Kelly St., about 9:30 a.m., demanded money and then reached over the counter for the opened register drawer.
Clerk Qaisar Anwer, 43, however, quickly closed the register drawer and simultaneously punched Garcia in the head, according to investigators.
Police said Garcia, who was holding a closed folding knife during the incident, ran empty-handed out of the store heading towards Boutwell Street where he ditched his sweatshirt, but then returned to Kelly Street where he got into a car that drove off.
A witness provided investigators with the description of the car, along with its license plate number, and officers tracked Garcia to his Amory Street address where police arrested him without incident.
Officers checked the area about Boutwell Street and recovered a sweatshirt in the bed of a parked pickup truck and a knife on the ground in a flower bed, items investigators believe belong to Garcia.
He is charged with robbery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424