Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Halloween-dressed suspects sought for Gilford, Ashland crimes
Gilford police were called to the Big Apple store at 4 Country Club Road just after midnight Sunday. Two masked robbers entered the store and pointed a handgun at the clerk, demanding all the money in the register. An undisclosed amount was handed over and the thieves fled on food, according to police.
Then, about 10 a.m. Sunday, there was an attempted robbery at the Circle K at 19 West St. in Ashland, according to Ashland Police Lt. Don Marren.
While the manager was in a backroom, security cameras recorded two people enter the store wearing the same masks as those worn in Gilford, Marren said, like the mask from the movie "Scream".
The clerk was fortunate she was in a safe place, Marren said.
"She had opened the door and gone in the back office," he said. "(The suspects) had originally seen her behind the counter."
Video cameras across the road at Ashland Lumber recorded the robbery attempt and showed the suspects drive away in a Volkswagen Passat, Marren said. That gave police enough detail to link the suspects to the Gilford robbery.
"We feel very strongly that the two incidents involved the same suspects," Marren said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 1
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917